When Michael Hewitt-Gleeson (Principal of `The School of Thinking’) is consulting to business leaders, this is the first question he asks his clients:
Why did you lose sleep last night?
He has found that these are the top ten problems that, over the past 12 months, business leaders are saying they lose sleep over …
• “the constant pressure to meet and beat my quarterly targets”
• “how to balance my work pressures with the needs of my family and my health?”
• “how can I recruit smarter, more productive people?”
• “I’m losing good people. How can I keep them from leaving?”
• “I need to develop a lot more leaders in our enterprise”
• “to better manage a much more competitive culture”
• “we need to find a more effective communications strategy”
• “our metrics are not up to scratch. How to better analyse sales and KPIs”
• “I worry about whether our security is OK”
• “how to ensure the survival and succession of my business”.
Michael further states the following:
What is interesting about all of these problems is that they are not new. There are already solutions readily available. Every one of these sleep-loser problems has already been solved many times by many managers all around the world. But most people are stuck in their current brain patterns and their thinking goes round and round and round.
This is where the need for a new and simple thinking skills comes in and you can read more about his X10 thinking technique that has solved the problems of many businesses big and small – Click here